DISCOVER THE SUPERB, NUTRITIOUS CRETAN DIET
An authentic stone-built taverna with an indoor capacity of 400 people and an enclosed outdoor area, shaded by a pergola, with a capacity of 600 people for catering and social events such as weddings, baptisms, parties & concerts.
A culinary delight awaits you at the Panakron Estate’s rustic stone-built taverna, where you can sample the much-loved Cretan cuisine. The delicious home-cooked dishes on the menu are a real feast of traditional flavours, with the running of the taverna’s kitchen now in the very capable hands of the experienced cooks from the renowned Drymos Taverna in Patsos, Rethymno.
The taverna is built on two levels, near the entrance of the estate, equipped with traditional wooden furniture and offering unobstructed views of the garden from the windows & terraces that surround it. With both indoor & outdoor seating, the taverna can accommodate up to 1000 guests.
Opening hours are from 8 o’clock in the morning until 12 o’clock midnight.
Our taverna is proud to have earned the Certification of the Cretan Quality Contract (http://www.cretan-nutrition.gr) with certification number 8-01 / 11/2010.
This certification is summarized along the following principles:
- All our dishes are prepared in the wood oven or over an open fire.
- Panakron provides specialities of Cretan cuisine, which make up more than two-thirds of the menu.
- We use ingredients exclusively grown on our estate or in the surrounding Amari area.
- We exclusively use virgin & extra virgin olive oil throughout the whole kitchen for all cooking methods.
- We follow all the rules of hygiene & food safety, as laid out by current legislation.
We are at your disposal for any question or query